Ecosexuality means living in passionate connection with the
earth. Erotic energy is a vital and reviving power that connects us
with the world as beloved and as self. Drawing on the work of Annie
Sprinkle, Beth Stephens and Joanna Macy, this workshop will allow
participants to safely explore what blocks our access to our
experience of erotic aliveness, while cultivating an approach to
sexuality that invites us to a life of joy, wholeness, passion and
interconnection. Compassion and understanding can transform the
erotic from a colonized place in self and others, and open our lives
to creative play, heartfelt resistance, and juicy joy.
an awakened sexual nature, we can receive guidance and wisdom we can
trust, sexual healer
Carla Sanders says. We can learn to put down guns and balance sheets, and stop
believing that power means domination. We can feel power coursing
within our bodies, minds, spirits, and hearts. Men and women can
relearn the healing power of singing, dancing, and orgasm. We can
begin to work intimately with the healing powers of the earth.
The widespread existence of sexual violence damages our erotic
capacities. Desire is regulated by a host of punishments meted out
for diverse expressions of sexuality. The exploitation of erotic
energy for commercial purposes is another kind of wounding. The
designation of gender is itself a paring away of capacities for both
men and women.
We need to find ways to honour the despair without being paralyzed
by its enormity, for if we are always defended against the full
extent of our feelings, our actions will be brittle and our energy
for change unsustainable. In this workshop, experiential exercises
invite participants to access personal and cultural despair in safe
and contained ways, along with gratitude for the joy that lives in
our bodies, and hope that springs from participating in a
life-sustaining culture of erotic energy.
25 Ways to Make
Love to the Earth
Love Art Laboratory of Annie Sprinkle and Beth
Stephens—dedicated ecosexual sexecologists
“1. Tell the Earth, “I love you. I can’t live without you.”
2. At first you may feel embarrassed to be lovers with the Earth.
Let it go. It’s OK.
3. Spend time with her.
4. Ask her what she likes, wants, and needs-- then try to give it to
5. Massage the Earth with your feet. 6. Admire her views often.
7. Circulate erotic energy with her.
8. Smell her.
9. Taste her.
10. Touch all her all over.
11. Hug and stroke her trees.
12. Talk dirty to her plants.
13. Swim naked in her waters.
14. Lay on top of her, or let her get on top of you.
15. Do a nude dance for her.
16. Sing to her.
17. Kiss and lick her.
18. Bury parts of your body deep inside her soil.
19. Plant your seeds in her.
20. Love her unconditionally even when she’s angry or cruel.
21. Keep her clean. Please recycle.
22. Work for peace. Bombs hurt.
23. If you see her being abused, raped, exploited, protect her as
best you can.
24. Protect her mountains. Stop mountaintop removal mining.
25. Vow to love, honor and cherish the Earth until death brings you
closer together forever.”
Phone: 250. 537-1967